Thread: Arax

Map Arax

Hi folks,

I write a little game called Chronicles of Arax and have done a world map up for it. This map was done in CC3, using the latest Annual style by Jon Roberts. Interested to hear what you think.

(By the way, the numbers on the map are locations of the Quests written for the game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arax Quest Locations.PNG 
Views:	176 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	35314  
    Last edited by Crymson; 04-24-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Nice!

I haven't tried CC3 myself. The mountains look really nice. Are they a CC3 texture or something?

And what? Your last sentance in the brackets is cut off, byt the way.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks really good. I love those mountains. The only C&C I have is that the shadow around your landmasses makes them look like they are "floating" above the ocean. Maybe you could try to turn down the opacity of the shadows for a less pronounced effect. Either way it's a great map.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Hmmm... I only now noticed that shadow thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhotherian View Post
    Nice!

I haven't tried CC3 myself. The mountains look really nice. Are they a CC3 texture or something?

And what? Your last sentance in the brackets is cut off, byt the way.
    The 'and' was supposed to have been deleted

The mountains are part of the April 2011 Annual from Profantasy, based on a style by Jon Roberts.

Good map sir. I really wanna make a map with the Jonathan Roberts style. Don't you love how those mountains just flow perfectly? I wish his symbol set had a better selection of vegetation. Have some rep!