Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citystate with waterways

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thats just about perfect. Great job.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For future reference, if you want to avoid those jaggies when rotating squares and things in raster programs then make your map twice as big as you want it then, at the end, shrink it down. Being twice as big you can also use some gaussian blur to smooth things out in the middle of the process.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Novice

I might try the gaussian blur anyway, before concluding that this is a project I'm completely satisfied with. Anyway, as the regional map which I will post below in this thread shows, "for future reference" might be needed. I'm combining my interest in fantasy literature and roleplaying games with a crashcourse to improve my GIMP-abilities - which might be an advantage to some (rather more dull) freelance work I'm doing, meaning I don't even have to have too bad a conscience spending time on this .

Guild Novice

Here's the regional map.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regionmap.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	35343

Nicely done!

lol, i was gonna make a suggestion, but as I scrolled down, I saw that as you continued to work on the map, u already caught or someone else caught. Looks really good. I like how your style of city map works well with your regional map. I have a problem when making maps that I like one style for a regional area and a different style for the city level. They both look pretty good (IMO) but they don't necessarily work well together.

looks pretty good. The only suggestion I would make is your font. I have trouble reading it, even when I enlarge the picture. Maybe as a slight glow or something to help it stand out a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12