Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nothing Special - Any Corrections?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes you'll want your bump map under your trees.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I've done a satisfactory tree layer with GIMP now. Was wondering if I could do the same with Photoshop anew. Trying my best to find similar options to that of GIMP. Till now, its halfway done.

-
    Mannfred

Wip

So, after several months of moving, finding a job and basically scraping the bottom of life, I've saved up enough to purchase a new PC.

Back to drawing. I'm starting where I left off two years ago. I've re-created my mountain layer and also added two new layers for forests and hills & rivers. The rivers are not touched yet. I'll be very happy if you guys could give me some comments to keep me going with this project. I really want to get my book out this year.

-
    Mannfred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gemretoron-V3.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	62190  

No reply? oO;

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Welcome back Mannfred. My constructive criticism is that some coastlines look natural and some look like they were done quick with an eraser tool. It would look better if they all were similar.

Guild Adept

What is the scale here? What is driving the mountain creation? The mountain placement looks a bit on the random side... which is just fine... but from a more realistic stand point, what forces caused these the way they are? There is something there that doesn't quite feel real. Some of how real this looks would depend on scale and what forces are at work, of course, and real doesn't necessarily matter, LOL, but as an Epic Fantasy guy, I like maps that feel real.
    Upon the Creation of the World the First Dragons cast their seed in the light of a Sun and a Thousand Suns, beneath the Moon and a Thousand Moons, on a World and a Thousand Worlds.

www.sistercontinents.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123