Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Palace of Lareth

Default April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Palace of Lareth

Well I'll try my hand again at this lite challange. The last few have been ones I wanted to start doing (seeing as I'm trying to make a multilevel map, world->continent->region->city->Buildings... Ambitious? sure, crazy? yes, will it get done? Heck if I know...) Anyways so this is just a rough outline so far of the castle, still going to do a bunch to it, let me know what you think so far...

I shrunk it by 50% so the actual image is a bit larger...

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lite3a.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.28 MB 
ID:	35323  
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good Start. I look forward to watching this.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

And we push onward! So this is the basic feel of what the map will turn out to be, I think I'll only be doing 1 level... all depends I guess... well maybe I'll do what I've seen others do, make small sections off to the side of other floors... hmm I like it! haha well here is the latest

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lite3a1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.76 MB 
ID:	35328  
    Last edited by Yandor; 04-24-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    Projects

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!

Quote Originally Posted by Yandor View Post
    And we push onward! So this is the basic feel of what the map will turn out to be, I think I'll only be doing 1 level... all depends I guess... well maybe I'll do what I've seen others do, make small sections off to the side of other floors... hmm I like it! haha well here is the latest

### Latest WIP ###
    Dear God, I'm outmatched.

Agreed... I was gonna enter the competition to.. O_O

eViLe_eAgLe - please join, I thought for awhile I was going to be the only one... but still its great to see how people bring forth their ideas

Ares96 - outmatched?! baha right, you've got a good start on yours, and it could easily out do mine! I'm near done though thats the thing, I spend several hours (probably a good 6-8 ) on it last night and this morning (between the outline post and the latest update) So yeah...
    Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Yandor View Post
    Ares96 - outmatched?! baha right, you've got a good start on yours, and it could easily out do mine! I'm near done though thats the thing, I spend several hours (probably a good 6-8 ) on it last night and this morning (between the outline post and the latest update) So yeah...
    Thank you. I don't have much else to do on mine aside from just adding more things. It's really more blueprint than map, and much simpler in style than this.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Eye candy isn't always what it's cracked up to be and people's tastes vary so much and on a whim. I enter almost every month yet I've very few wins. Plus, look at that join date...Yandor joined before me so he has a lot of knowledge. Never compare yourself to another...you'll always find yourself lacking. Do your best and strive to outdo everyone and even if you don't get a single vote you know you did your best and maybe next time will be better. Sometimes I even hold off on voting until the end so I can give my vote to the low guy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I couldn't of said it any better, but 2 of those years I never touched this site, or did anything with photoshop, so I donno Ascension, join dates could mean nothing
    Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Eye candy isn't always what it's cracked up to be and people's tastes vary so much and on a whim. I enter almost every month yet I've very few wins. Plus, look at that join date...Yandor joined before me so he has a lot of knowledge. Never compare yourself to another...you'll always find yourself lacking. Do your best and strive to outdo everyone and even if you don't get a single vote you know you did your best and maybe next time will be better. Sometimes I even hold off on voting until the end so I can give my vote to the low guy.
    Very true. Anyway, good job Yandor and may the best man win! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to continue my actual mapmaking efforts!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast