Thread: Quick Excavated Shrine

Post Quick Excavated Shrine

Hi all! Been a while (I'm in a busy phase in RL - moved and finding freelance work and everything else)

Here's a quickee I just did for my FTF group - an open-air hilltop shrine that we had to find under a few feet of dirt and then excavate (all, of course, under time pressure, before the others seeking the lost knowledge could cath up).

Done as much for illustrative purposes as anything else.
    Photoshop only... Maaaaybe two hours - hard to say, as it was in several little chunks.

Next time -
    Start by drafting in Vectorworks (or Illustrator), so that the inlaid walkways are square to the edges and even. (Unless you all have suggestions on how to do this in PS)
    Show a larger surrounding area (including our wagon / wagon tracks / camp / etc)
    Make the tiles of the Shrine more defined. Would be great to make them uneven stone slabs, but I knew that it would also make placing the characters carved into each stone a laborious process, and this was meant to be a quick project from the start.

PD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pentagon Map.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	2619  

Hey, PD: Great to see you here again! This is solid work for two hours!! Nicely done!

I can think of a couple ways to get those lines straight in PS, but it would be a bit of a pain. For example, find the center (perhaps with a guide), the draw paths from it to each point, then stroke each path with a hugely wide line, then stroke that with thin lines, then get rid of all but the thin lines. Hmmm..that seems a lot of steps for something so simple. I'm tired & not thinking clearly, so that may be too complicated.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]