Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [WITHDRAWN] April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - The Fortress of [insert name here]!

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    O_O! sorry.. I have trouble with this forum for some reason.
    But! About a day and a half work on this:

Note: I took a screenshot of it instead of the real thing.. The real one is too big.
    If you want a thumbnail, just follow jtougas' instructions.

For now though, this is looking really nice.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Also, the thumbnail scraper will only pick up images on the site. If the images are hosted elsewhere you most likely won't be in the running. And that would be a shame.....this is lookin' FIIINE

Do not forget to put the ***Latest WIP*** just before the thumbnail so that the scraper can pick the right one.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I think I might drop out after seeing the competition.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't give up. The challenges are more than anything else about learning and growing. Keep at it.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, no doubt. If I had quit I'd have never got where I am. Number 1 is transient...someone will come along and knock you off. Like next month when we have a new challenge. It's about learning new tricks and experimenting with new ideas and making yourself better than you were yesterday. If you're next map comes out better than this one then that's a win in my book. I'm never going to knock off Torstan, The Red Epic, Aerius, Chris West, and those guys with gray names here and the other dudes that actually get paid beaucoup bucks by the game companies but that doesn't stop me from trying to learn new things and get better. The old sports coach thing - "the only way to guarantee a loss to quit but if you keep trying you've always got a chance". The old "2nd place is just 1st loser" only exists in hyper-competitive dudes with needles in their butts and 'roid rage.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

@Ascension Thanks Acscension And also thanks for the awesome tutorial you made for water and grass if you can't see it in here.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Very nice looking so far, and cool idea for the big white arrow.

I will suggest to you (and others reading this) that the best method I've come across for posting images is http://gyazo.com/en
    You grab whatever portion of your screen, it uploads instantly, and you just copy/paste the URL. Free small app to install.

It's all I use.

Quote Originally Posted by RjBeals View Post
    Very nice looking so far, and cool idea for the big white arrow.

I will suggest to you (and others reading this) that the best method I've come across for posting images is http://gyazo.com/en
    You grab whatever portion of your screen, it uploads instantly, and you just copy/paste the URL. Free small app to install.

It's all I use.
    Thanks! Ill be sure to use it!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Why would you drop out? Your entry is one of the better ones this month, IMO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast