Introduction

I am working for myself in an attempt to enter indie game development, currently I am developing a browser based zombie survival game.

Reference Picture

The main game screen will be of a town or city street view. I have found some tile art online that accurately reflects the style and feel I am after.

Assembled map

The above image is obviously an assembly of tiles, it is both the style of the art, and the modularity of a tile system I am looking for to allow the creation of a more varied map system.

Style of Game

This is a post apocalyptic zombie survival/horror game.

There will be world; country; state; zone; and city maps required for its completion. (at this time I'm only looking at the tile sets where the majority of game time will be spent)

Time Period

Modern, i.e. the world as you see it today or the very near future (minus the zombies of course, but with the associated destruction)

Interior / Exterior

For now I am not looking for maps to display the interior of buildings, if you already have something like this perhaps you could also provide a roof overlay so the full building may be used in future.

Content

The bulk of what I'm looking for are external top view tile sets. These tile sets will be assembled to produce maps that are around 1000 x 1000 pixels.

Don't be afraid to get dirty and gritty with submissions, if you think a ripped apart body is needed in super high resolution on one of your tiles than thats fine. The only real rule we are working by here is that it needs to be similar in artistic style to the provided sample.

I would like to hear from you if you can provide anything from a simple single grid of a footpath tile to a modular building tile set, or to help with the whole project.

Please note I don't want images on which you can see a grid, just the content.

To a lesser extent I'm also looking for cartographer artists for world; country; state; and zone maps. (the satellite maps that I'm using now are nice and all but don't fit in with the artistic style wanted for town views.)

Scaling

As I'm developing for the internet image size isn't a huger issue.

Size of images are very much open at the moment. Once I have confirmed an artist or group that is able to contribute a set that allows me to begin map construction, based on their methods we will establish standard image height/width measurements and scale for things like cars, people etc.

Colour Scheme

Provided submissions are appropriate to the required artistic style and match the post apocalyptic zombie survival/horror genre they will likely be included.

Further Information

The website for the game is SurvivalCrisis.com

The project started in earnest only around a month ago, however I have been developing the various mechanics, systems, and scripts needed to complete the project over a much longer period.

The basic map scripts are 90% completed using images found on the internet (which is why I'm posting here to ensure anything used is with permission upon release).

I am able to provide a link for those seriously considering contributions so you may see the direction that is being taken. I would like to see examples of your work prior to providing the link.

In Conclusion

I am looking for either donations of artwork; collaborative effort or barter exchange to complete the project from individuals or groups.

Contributors will be given credit on the game site with a link to any profile/gallery/website they wish.

By the way of barter exchange I mean that if your work is of a high enough standard I would be more than happy to provide website development in return for your contributions such as my skill allows. Being unemployed I am unable to pay what high quality work is worth, so a skill exchange is all I am able to offer.

By collaborative effort I mean I hope to one day make money from the project either via sponsored add links on the site and possibly in game, if things are successful enough possibly a mini transaction store or membership based system. Meaning we could negotiate based on future income potential.

Thanks for your time.

Wek.