Thread: Nemaris

Map Nemaris

this is my first finished map, i got a bit lazy in the end
    anyway i decided to share it and see what u guys have to say about my first attempt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nemaris.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	638.6 KB 
ID:	35369  
    Bae Cartioni para ot siepia bae tu bida

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Overall it's really good. I'm always envious of the guys who make the nice first maps. (you should have seen some of my first attempts). I do have a couple of suggestions for you.
    1.An outline around your landmasses would help them "pop" a bit more.
    2. Your rivers look a bit like "rope" laid across the top of your land you could try a "bevel" filter on them. Also rivers at this scale would be about the same color as the shallower parts of your oceans (this is not technically realistic but it is a pleasing visual effect)

Your mountains and other terrain features look great. Are you planning on labeling this? Either way its a great first map.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

thanks jtougas, and about the landmass i know its ugly but by the time i finished the mountains i got lazy, and the river lets just say i just added them in paint
    hopefully the next maps would be an improvement.
    Bae Cartioni para ot siepia bae tu bida