Thread: Want to try this tutorial but the resources are missing any help ?

Help Want to try this tutorial but the resources are missing any help ?

First of all this is my first post so I am new here. I came across this site accediently while looking for a map for a graphic novel project I am currently working on, and found this type of art work interesting and sort of got hooked on trying it. (mainly to distract me from my other project.)

I mainly work with 3d programs and photoshop (my shamless plug http://www.renderosity.com/mod/galle...rname=CStrauss) Its also a great site that maybe other don't know about on here yet and I know all the works here are welcome and its a free site. Anyways on to my question.

I found this tut in the the forums. http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...864#post107864

and its a video tut so that is a plus for me but it seems the resources to work with the tutorial are missing I found a zip download that had the styles and tool template, but no brushes or psd files. Are they gone or is there some where I can get them so I can follow along?

Any help would be appreciated

Chris

Hey Chris, if you look at the main thread for that tutorial (first post I mean) and look for a link that says "PS7-OMP..zip" That holds the .PSD file and the Style file. In the videos if I recall correctly he uses the normal Photoshop brushes (if they aren't in the default try loading in some of the ones already there in photoshops brush folder until you find what your looking for) Besides that just use the .PSD file as a base and just look through the videos and try your hand at it. The textures he uses in the picture you linked to, are found somewhere here on the forums, I believe he adapted Pasis's tutorial and how he uses the forests... I don't have time to look for links , but if you need them let me know or if anyone else knows of them off hand post em up! Anyways good luck!
    Projects
    WIP :: Carian Round... Who knows...

Back Burner :: World Map

Software: 99% Adobe Photoshop (CS4), Geo Control 2, Wilbur Every so often I use another program!