Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Frostheim

Guild Novice

Post April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Frostheim

Ok, I'm having a shot at this one. Frostheim is a fort somewhere cold; nothing big, just a few houses, a solid wall to defend against drunk barbarians and rampaging yetis and - on the outside of the wall - an inn and a couple of shops to avoid having to let anyone in who you don't want to let in.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frostheim.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	35376
    Last edited by Ascension; 04-25-2011 at 07:38 PM.

The simplicity of it is nice! Repped and good luck to you also!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I moved your wip tag to the proper place (in case you wondering "how did that get there?"). Looks good, man.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    The simplicity of it is nice! Repped and good luck to you also!
    I very much agree. This is very simple, but in a very good way. Good luck!

Guild Novice

Thanks. Have been wanting to keep it simple. Besides, my skills do not really allow for something very advanced .

Quote Originally Posted by osloging View Post
    Thanks. Have been wanting to keep it simple. Besides, my skills do not really allow for something very advanced .
    Well, as we say, we're all children in the beginning (which doesn't mean that you or your work is immature, 'children' here can also be interpreted as 'beginners'). This is supposed to be somewhere in Norway, right?

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very cool.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Ares96 View Post
    Well, as we say, we're all children in the beginning (which doesn't mean that you or your work is immature, 'children' here can also be interpreted as 'beginners'). This is supposed to be somewhere in Norway, right?
    Haha. Well. Would have to be at Jan Mayen or something then, with all that ice about; or Lappland possibly, but then Sweden or Finland might be better fits. But I used some Norwegian / Norse names to make it sound northern. For all I know, it's somewhere Antarctic, or in a magical realm of ice in the middle of the jungle of Xaxaxacaxak.

Quote Originally Posted by osloging View Post
    Haha. Well. Would have to be at Jan Mayen or something then, with all that ice about; or Lappland possibly, but then Sweden or Finland might be better fits. But I used some Norwegian / Norse names to make it sound northern. For all I know, it's somewhere Antarctic, or in a magical realm of ice in the middle of the jungle of Xaxaxacaxak.
    Well, FWIW I'd gladly sign away Lappland to you; there is nothing there but national pride from 300 years ago and a few Sami.

Guild Novice

Travelled through northern Sweden and Finland last year, actually. In addition to the national pride and the Sami, there is an amazing amount of trees. But Inarijärvi is gorgeous. We would have to go to the Finns to get that signed over, of course, but they're so tricky to understand. Not like you guys.

The inarijärvi region would make for good inspiration for a frontier region in a fantasy world, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast