Thread: Creyssia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Map Creyssia

This map represents the kingdom of Creyssia. Until recently, under constant threat of attack by the orks of Rhakoras to the east. A new alliance with the neighboring, powerful kingdom of Ardas to the south resulted in a campaign that drove the Orks back into their caves. Ardasian troops have helped garrison and stabilize the border to the south of the Thornwood and an influx of trade along the High Coast has given a much needed boost to the wartorn Creyssian economy. The reclusive elves of Es'perelm to the north did little to help in the recent campaigns against the orks other than prevent any incursions across their borders. As a result relations are currently strained between the two peoples.

This map was created entirely in CC3 using volume 51 from the monthly Annual updates, one of the best styles to come from the last 4 years of monthly addons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	creyssia.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	812.0 KB 
ID:	35387  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Lookin' Good.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Really nice - reminds me of the old MERPS maps. I still look over those maps. :-)

I like this map a lot, and I think that this style is one of the better CC3 styles!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice. As is my custom I always go for the maps with the stories.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Great map, I enjoyed it on the CC3 forums as well. My question is where did you get the forests textures? Did that come with the Jonathan Roberts annual? I am also working on a map from his style but I keep on trying to make it "zoned" base instead of natural. Doing natural seems like a challenge to me for some reason. I guess still stuck in doing video game world maps (: