Thread: ***FEBRUARY CHALLENGE: A Place to Hang Your Adventurers Hats***

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post ***FEBRUARY CHALLENGE: A Place to Hang Your Adventurers Hats***

The February challenge is a combination of a user suggested challenge (GamerPrinter) with a little Cartographers' Guild twist added.

Adventurers are a resourceful lot, and therefore as they grow in power and capability, they also grow in riches and fame. Eventually, your adventurers are going to want to have a place of their own where they can handle their "other" business in private. Its your job to build it for them.

The twist is, we're not building a new building or location for them...we're converting or adding on to an existing common location.

Take a common location such as an Inn, Tavern, Spaceport, Gas Station, etc. (depending on which genre/timeframe you choose) and either convert it, modify it, or leave it as is as long as its a "Home Base" for your players. Somewhere your players would feel comfortable planning their next big adventure from.

Guidelines:
    • Map must be recognizable as an existing common location such as inn/tavern/spaceport/etc.
    • Be sure to include somewhere for the adventurers to accomodate themselves somehow, be it a back room or area, or a secret area.
    • Bonus Consideration for providing background information on the "acquisition" of the base by the players.

Remember to adhere to the contest rules, plus create a thread for your entry (WIPs welcome), and if you have any questions please post them in this thread. Good luck!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Sounds good.

My Entry will deal with the 'conversion' of the ruined tower. Players are always clearing out some old ruined tower or something outside of town. Yet, why don't they ever convert it?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Post Despite suggesting this month's challenge...

Despite my help suggesting this month's challenge - I am still rather overwhelmed with some "day job" work, a brochure for the guild I'm working on, my Ukiyo-e map objects project which I really want to back to, and a few other shelved projects that need to see the light of day again.

So, I decided to give some of the members a break, and not participate this month. Basiron, give it a try.

Good luck everyone, I look forward into seeing what you come up with!
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Well, after my no-show last month, I think I'll go get my hands on a scanner and participate. Especially since this is more to my liking than last months...

...I guess I'll be doing something I could use in a Shadowrun game. Resourceful Runners with some Old school taste turn simple gas station into a would be supers hideout! (Or speakeasy, we'll see to that)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    ...why don't they ever convert it?
    My party were forever converting places and trying to get extra money out of the places especially if it was a house in a town - thieves guild, haunted chapel etc. As DM it was easy to forget how much the place was worth until they started to refurb it and I would have that 'oh no' feeling again. They even stopped smashing the paces up so much as that was hitting their 'bottom line'. Eventually it got to the point where I would figure out what kind of place they would want and spec up some fantastic place which unfortunately would be commanded by something quite heavy and would require them to stretch their capabilities to depose them. Gave them some good motivation tho.