Thread: Orten-eastern continent

Wip Orten-eastern continent

Hi this is a map of the eastern continent of the world I'm creating, so i managed to do this to the best of my abilities, but now I need some information on adding labels and icons to the map.

and tell me what you guys think about the map so far, and how i could improve it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orten.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	357.3 KB 
ID:	35409
    Bae Cartioni para ot siepia bae tu bida

Your rivers might look better if they were given the same kind of coastline as the lakes and seas have.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good start. Your landmasses are really nice, did you draw them or were they generated?. The only thing that I can offer you at this stage is that the white glow on your mountains makes some of them look odd. You could lower the opacity on the white or make it a less "white " color maybe by adding a "color overlay" layer of say a grayish color. AS far as labeling goes pick a font that you like and can read easily. It's nice to have some super fancy font that looks good but if people can't read it then it's useless. And remember that the fancy fonts get progressively harder to read as they get smaller. Keep up the good work.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I would think about taking out some of the mountains. You know how you get that head thing when you eat ice cream too fast? Well, too many mountains is sort of like that. Take out about half of them and replace them with hills. Just my opinion.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

A scale of some sort (even a simple scale bar) would help in putting a scale to those mountains. They are drawn in a simplified style that works for the map being 5 miles across, 50 miles across, 500 miles across.

thanks for the advice guys, I do think that the mountains are a bit too white and would definitely change the rivers but I just don't know how as I'm still a big noob in editing anything, the map is all hand drawn by the way, as for the scale, what do you guys think is a good scale for a continent about the size of Europe, and any tutorials as to adding labels because I failed miserably in that department