Thread: Avayevnon Map

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Map Avayevnon Map

This is the map for my campaign setting Avayevnon, which can be found over at the Campaign Builder's Guild.

It is a Renaissance-inspired fantasy setting, with some steampunk elements, including dirigible airships and a race of steam-powered sentient automatons.
    Avayevnon is a world of rebirth, where anything is possible. The romantics talk about that with a gleam in their eyes, but when you've lived long enough, you know how terrifying "anything is possible" really is.

A century ago, the dead gods woke up. For 2000 years, Sol ruled the spirits of men, and was touted as the One God. The emergence of seven elder gods has understandably shaken the faith, and pagans and heretics are popping up everywhere. The Awakening had a devastating effect on the world, and now monsters thought to be only legends walk the earth, plagues decimate populations, and a hovering mist known only as the Miasma drifts from place to place. The old roads aren't safe anymore, and people fear to travel on foot. Airships have been the way to transport people in relative safety from city to city.

The Map was hand drawn, pencil on paper, colored with tea. It was labelled and color-enhanced in Paint.Net

Wonderful idea for a setting, and a nice looking map. I only wish it were larger so that I could zoom in a bit more. Welcome to the Guild by the way!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

That's purdy. Welcome to the Guild...and have some rep!
    M

I'm not sure, but I MAY be able to upload a larger version. If I can, you will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    That's purdy. Welcome to the Guild...and have some rep!
    M
    YAY! Thank you.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome. I love the story that goes along with the map. Have some rep from me too.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think the little scrolls should have been hand-drawn as well but otherwise it looks great.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I think the little scrolls should have been hand-drawn as well but otherwise it looks great.
    That is a good idea. I think I may do that in the future. Now I'm trying to think if there's a way I can go back and change that without too much hastle. . .

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

When doing it by hand on paper, I find that the best thing to do is get those things done first and out of the way. It's easy to do it on a computer with layers and such but when you have to get it right the first time (say when inking) you have little room for error. I do a practice sketch of the layout on a separate piece of paper and when ready to work on the final I do the stuff that I would normally do last (on a computer) first when doing it by hand. Anyway, good stuff, mate.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps