Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cad Goleór

I would try to lighten the parchment look myself. Its a bit dark in the middle. It seems to take away from the nice map you drew.

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davros View Post
    I would try to lighten the parchment look myself. Its a bit dark in the middle. It seems to take away from the nice map you drew.
    I agree with you. I don't think I can do much on that front with that particular image, but I'm working on a new file that I think will be much better.

Wip

I like this parchment look much better. It's more natural, and easier to see. I'll eventually post a large image that makes the names easier to read, though I'm still playing around with size and whatnot. It is pencil-on-paper, colored with coffee (and apparently some accidental, but fully embraced grease spots). I made heavy use of the Dodge/Burn tool in image editing this map. The Compass-Rose is a modified Brighid's Cross, and the Symbols are Ogham characters for the initial letters in the Gaelic words for each direction. In this version I am making use of some castle and grass brushes that I am not certain I will keep.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dig the parchment much more than the previous. The lil castles seem to fit well but the mountains look off, almost blurry or something.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Indeed, lovely parchment look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Dig the parchment much more than the previous. The lil castles seem to fit well but the mountains look off, almost blurry or something.
    Perhaps they got a little smudged during parchmenting process. I can try replacing them with a set of brushes I found, but I'm not sure I want to. I'll probably try it, see how it looks, and go from there.

It's been a while since I posted an update of this, but I think this version is a bit better.

I tried replacing the mountains with brushes, but it just wasn't working. They were nice enough mountains, but they were TOO clean, in comparison with the rest of the lines.

I altered the little castles, simplifying them. I've changed the layout of the text, inserted a title, and I've added more texture to the edges of the Parchment. Also, since I have now figured out the in-site attachment manager, I have managed to upload a significantly larger picture.

Huzzah!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cad_Goleor3.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	35770
    Last edited by Seraphine_Harmonium; 05-13-2011 at 08:42 PM.

So, here's a version where I am experimenting with adding some more forests, trying to clean up the mountains a bit, and fixing a few problems with lakes and rivers. Now, are there any other problems that I have missed?

Name:	Cad_Goleor5.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	35900

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Need a scale so that we can figure out distances.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here you are: New image, complete with scale. Although at full size, the labels are a bit blurry, So I'll probably redo those. Not difficult. But it answers your question. Clearly things like individual trees and the forts are not to scale.

Name:	Cad_Goleor6.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	35922

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast