Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cad Goleór

Guild Adept Seraphine_Harmonium's Avatar

Wip Cad Goleór

I am working on a map for a Celtic inspired campaign setting using the Pathfinder system.

Everything in this image is hand drawn. I am currently working on the image in GIMP, coloring it, labeling it, and so forth.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very nice.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks good to me.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Beautiful work
    Regards,

RK

Thank you all!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That looks mighty cool. Good coastlines.

So, I had made some progress, but I might end up going back and changing a bunch of it. Sometime I will get around to posting an update on the map. I might post where the current image is, just to talk about the things I'd change, though.

Wip

So here is one version of the Map that is OK, but not great.

I had a go at making the parchment look happen entirely in GIMP, and while I am sure there is a way to do this, it just didn't work quite right. I may just end up doing the coffee/tea trick again. I generally like how that turns out.

I also will probably take Ascension's advice from the Avayevnon map thread and go back and draw the banner at the top by hand.

I don't quite like how the label for The Ice Shelf Turned out. I might be able to fix the curve to work better, but if not, I'll just have it on a diagonal.

The little Castles represent fortified settlements, meaning, there are people there, and there is either a fortress or otherwise a force capable of defending the village/town from attack.

Guild Apprentice Kaiser MacCleg's Avatar

Pencoed? Glynneath? Caernarfon? I feel right at home.

Looks great. I like the colours you've used. The only thing I might add would be a layer to give a bit of texture to the parchment layer - you can find a tutorial on how to do that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser MacCleg View Post
    Pencoed? Glynneath? Caernarfon? I feel right at home.

Looks great. I like the colours you've used. The only thing I might add would be a layer to give a bit of texture to the parchment layer - you can find a tutorial on how to do that here.
    For some reason, my GIMP does not provide me with all features. I have to replace the step which says "Plastic Noise" with Solid Noise, but I think that would work fine. The Lighting . . .

Ok, that's weird. If I put the image through Old Photo, it seems to open up all the grayed out innacessible options. wtf? Ack! GIMP, why are you being so unnecessarily complicated?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast