Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A *new* map of Aeolond

Default A *new* map of Aeolond

A few years back I created a campaign setting called Aeolond. The original map for the setting was crude, designed more as a quick reference tool than as a true map. Recently, I've been thinking about that setting and decided to create a new map for it.

Before we begin, I have to say, yes, the Great Wedorcrest Sea does indeed have 7 outlets and that is completely intentional. The Sea Goddess created the sea by opening a small portal that connects her ocean plane and the material plane. She then created 7 rivers for the water to flow from, ensuring the people of Aeolond would have an easy time moving across the continent. To prevent sea levels from rising, she created another portal, off the coast of King Grayson Keep, that takes water back to the Goddesses' plane. The massive mountain that appears to be on fire is indeed on Fire. The Fire God lit the tallest mountain on the continent, Lieg Mountain, on fire to showcase his divine might. The Sealands are below the ocean enclosed by a dome of energy that keeps the water out. No one knows who created the Sealands, or why, but its discovery sparked a great colonization effort by the various Kingdoms.

Ok, I think that explains most of the map's oddities.

I am looking for any and all feedback you guys and gals can provide. Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aeolond 99.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	35182
    Last edited by elemental_elf; 04-19-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Nice one
    Regards,

RK

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan K View Post
    Nice one
    Thank you!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think it looks darn good. I'd like to know what the scale is but otherwise I don't think that I have anything to add.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Looks great to me Elemental Elf!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I think it looks darn good. I'd like to know what the scale is but otherwise I don't think that I have anything to add.
    Thank you!

The scale will be added when I update the map

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Looks great to me Elemental Elf!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Nicely done.
    Thank you

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice map, I love this sort of clean style. And a good execution like this always makes me feel so inadequate

I like the map, and I like the quirks of the map. When there is a good explanation like yours, I think that little oddities add character to the map/setting.

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    Nice map, I love this sort of clean style. And a good execution like this always makes me feel so inadequate
    Thank you! Don't feel inadequate, practice makes perfect. I started drawing maps in MSPaint 10 years ago. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    I like the map, and I like the quirks of the map. When there is a good explanation like yours, I think that little oddities add character to the map/setting.
    I too like the quirks (as long as they are explained), they help showcase how your map (and thus your world) are different and unique.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast