Thread: The Plains of the Five Brothers

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip The Plains of the Five Brothers

The waters continued to recede and man continued to explore. In a great plain he found five mountains jutting above the green grass and brown hills. These he named for his heroes. The ones whose names had been handed down from generation to generation. Names of men who deified the angry gods and survived. He also found vast fields of stone and rubble where the great cities of his ancestors once stood...

Another "Godswrath" map. At some point I'm going to have to think about getting all of these onto a "World" map of some sort.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	j tougas plains of five.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	2.26 MB 
ID:	35441
    Last edited by jtougas; 04-28-2011 at 03:29 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Gorgeous, as always
    Regards,

RK

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I really like the color palettes you're using for these maps - very gorgeous.

Blog Entries

Thank you.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The problem I have with this map is that it's called "The Plains of the Five Brothers" but the map does not look very much like plains. It's a lakes district, and it has a bunch of hills/mountains in it at random - I guess I would expect the flat areas between the mountains to be larger.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bartmoss View Post
    The problem I have with this map is that it's called "The Plains of the Five Brothers" but the map does not look very much like plains. It's a lakes district, and it has a bunch of hills/mountains in it at random - I guess I would expect the flat areas between the mountains to be larger.
    I completely understand what you mean. I think I named it more for "literary" purposes than actual geography. "The steppes of the five brothers" didn't sound quite as good. I suppose I could have called it the "Five Brothers Highlands". As far as the lakes go this entire "world" is slowly recovering from a massive flood so there is going to water everywhere for a while.

Finished Maps