Thread: Veskar: Frozen Lands of the North

Map Veskar: Frozen Lands of the North

"Veskar remains one of the wildest and most dangerous realms within the civilized lands of Eriond. It’s seas are aswarm with scaled terrors, it’s hillsides are overrun with Giants, ancient dragons alight from its mountains and a terrible witch-queen lays siege upon the frozen borderlands. Yet perhaps the most deadly adversary is the extreme weather. Despite these trials, a society of sea-faring barbarians has managed to survive along the coastal regions of Veskar."

Well I think I'm going to call this one done. This is a regional map for my Age of Legends campaign setting based on an earlier map I did of the known world of Eriond. The map was created using GIMP and Wilbur. This was my first attempt at using Wilbur and I still have much to learn. Thanks to everyone that offered helpful advice during the various stages of this map's development. You can find the WIP thread here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Veskar Smaller.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	35453  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like I posted in the WIP thread. Awesome as usual. Your maps always make me feel like I want to go there.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks for the encouragement JT!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Like I said on DA, this is fantastic. I love the mountains, and the forest style you settled on really makes the whole thing pop. Awesome.

Thanks Diamond, I appreciate it!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Awesome map! I loved watching this develop.