19 63.33%
  • Triqua Under-Ocean - by Thurlor

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** April Challenge Voting - Aquatic Civilization ***

Blog Entries

Post *** April Challenge Voting - Aquatic Civilization ***

*** April Challenge Voting - Aquatic Civilization ***

The April 2011 Challenge has ended. The challenge was to create map of an an underwater realm. Participation remains pretty light and we'd like to encourage anyone interested to start getting involved. The level of competition was high, however, and whoever wins this one will have truly earned the gold compass.

The thumbnail machine is broken so I'm going to temporarily link the individual maps:

RecklessEnthusiasm - the Underwater Citadel

Gamerprinter - Sea River

Djekspek - Legendary City of Emria

LonewandererD - Beacon Station Awaterra 6

Thurlor - Triqua Under-Ocean

This month we have 5 entries, so please vote for your one favorite entry. Remember to rep any map that you vote for, as well as any others that you feel deserve it.

This poll will close in 4 days time (the 2nd of May).
    Last edited by Immolate; 05-01-2011 at 09:52 PM.

Despite being unfinished, I voted for Legendary City of Emria by Djekspek. I lovee the grand scale and concept!

It was a toss up but I choose Gamerprinter's Sea River, it has more of a shallow/tropical water feel and I really like the greens which are lacking in the other maps.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I would have loved to have voted for the whale city, but I think it would be unfair to vote on something that is so unfinished. The sea river map looks good, but it didn't feel like something underwater. LonewandererD's Beacon station feels closest to the contest guidelines. It got my vote.

ouch, completely forgot that the deadline was already due (I sometime lose track of dates ). Another thing to put on my huge "to-be-finished-later"-list... Anyway, great entries again:
    RE: Most creative entry in my opinion, and really finished/complete with all the details
    GP: The most 'mappy' and ready-to-use entry in my opinion
    LonewanderD: Great underwater look!
    Thurlor: Not finished but I like the concept very much

cheers, DJ

Voted for the Beacon station for the amazing detail. I do like the others as well, especially Emria.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My vote went to LonewandererD's - Beacon Station Awaterra 6 for the overall underwater "feel" of it. I really liked RE's as well GP's sea river was awesome but didn't quite feel underwater(y) Emria was such a great concept I almost voted for it just for that. Thulor's looked like a good idea too bad you didn't get to finish it (and I know how that goes.) All in all another great month of entries rep to you all.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

As I expected I didn't even come close to finishing, but I had fun and learnt something new. Anyways, my vote goes to Djekspek's 'Legendary City of Emria' for the awesome concept.

One thing that this challenge has taught me is not to try and learn a new program (Inkscape) to complete something in time for a deadline.

I'm going to continue working on the map I started and I may just post it up for some cc and general advice.

LwD got my vote because of the details. RE's and Gameprinters's maps are fantastic, too.

Hey Imm, how do you manage your life with 11 months in your calendar?

Blog Entries

I assure you I don't know what you're talking about
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast