Thread: GIMP Help

Default GIMP Help

I've been spending the better part of the past three days going through the "Ascension's Atlas Map in GIMP" pdf tutorial and I've hit a snag: when I go to paint the rivers in, wherever I join two lines together I end up getting these weird, lighthouse-like artifacts that twinkle on the map. Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of these things?

Thanks,
    VK

Could you take a screenshot or two showing what you're doing?

Sorry, my screenshot tech isn't coming through at the moment... when I went to paint the rivers into the Rivers transparency with the Ink tool, I couldn't draw one continuous line, so I had to end the line, scroll over, and pick it up on the next screen. When I filled with the river color, these artifacts showed up, which are like little spinning lights at exactly the points I intersected the lines. The weird thing is, the artifacts stay, even when I hide the Rivers layer. I can't figure out how to select them, much less get rid of them. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Well, I figured it out. Turns out it was displaying the selection, and the little lighthouse things disappeared once I released the selection. Here's the work-in-progress, though:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...type=1&theater