Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Church of Odin

Post April/May 2011 Lite Challenge Entry - Church of Odin

I heard a whisper of new competition down the threads. I wasn´t sure if I should enter this month but I could not resist. So here it is.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Church_of_Odin1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	35482

So here is another nightly build, modelling still not ready. There are some notable glitches but I wanted to try out the composition.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Church-of-Odin2.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	299.7 KB 
ID:	35553

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The only thing I have is on the sentence structure - it reads kind of odd. I had to read it twice before I got it. I might add the word "As" the very beginning or change "the church" to "this church" and capitalize "Defence Installation Network". Otherwise, the church itself looks pretty good. The only thing that I see on the church is a weird little dent or hole on the dome in the main view.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Here is another update for my "Church". Modelling is called finished because I had to move on to texturing. Everything regarding modelling and texturing is done in Sketchup 8 ( free ). I borrowed the satelite dish and the staircase from googles modell libary. If there is time I will create my own modells but I don´t think so right now. The alignment of the layers is to rough, I´ll have to do some finetuning. Perhaps there will be a fully rendered image with some pretty lights. We will see.

### Latest WIP###

Name:	Church-of-Odin3.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	239.6 KB 
ID:	35625

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Really nice coloring.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks great. Typo in the description: chuch instead of church

A long journey lies behind me and I think I call this one finished. The hole think was sketched out by hand, modeled in Sketchup 8 and rendered Kerkythea 2008, one of the few free render engines working with Sketchup. The program has kind of a learning curve and I barely scratched the surface in these few days. It says you can set up lights in SU but it gave weired results so I did the whole setup again. I think SU is a great program for setting up dungeons and it can be fast if you know what you are doing. Setting up a nice style it can almost look handdrawn. It´s not the artistic thing but really close for the challenged ones of us
    I wish everyone a good night and hope you enjoy your stay with the "Church".

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Church-of-Odin4.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	776.9 KB 
ID:	35723
    Last edited by Ascension; 05-11-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is just awesome. Great work.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very Cool!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast