Thread: Losthope: A Godswrath Map

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wip Losthope: A Godswrath Map

Man gathered together with others of his kind and built settlements. These were small and crudely built. Stories of the great cities of his ancestors were passed from generation to generation and occasionally he would come across traces of these cities. Man dreamed of one day returning to those cities and even building new ones. The gods would have other plans however....

This is the first "settlement" map of the Godswrath setting. I'm envisioning tents with a more permanent thatch roof. I'm drawing these myself so I'm sure they will go through several versions. The pallisade wall comes from RobA from THIS thread. I may end up trying to make my own but for now this one works.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lasthope.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	35495

All the maps in the Godswrath series are subject to THIS licence.
    Name:  88x31c.png
Views: 436
Size:  5.2 KB
    Last edited by jtougas; 05-02-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Here is a mostly finished version. I decided I liked the tents enough to not mess with them. I also added some less "permanent" versions. I see the tents on the outside of the palisade as growth of the settlement. (at some point they will have to expand the walls) The large house is the communal area for the settlement where they would store there grains and such as well as do all their cooking. I'm imagining a population of about 35 people all together in this settlement. (The gods, monsters and floods have not been kind to man..)

Views:	79 
Size:	1.93 MB 
ID:	35500
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Blog Entries

Wip

Here is the finished version (I think). I added a legend to explain the different tents.

Views:	98 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	35518

Finished Maps