Thread: Fantastic Maps: The Ship's Graveyard

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Default Fantastic Maps: The Ship's Graveyard

It's been a while coming (it first appeared in this WIP thread here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...d-undersea-map ) but today sees the release of The Ship's Graveyard, in partnership with Kobold Quarterly.

This is a big one. When it's fully printed and laid out it measures 5 feet to a side. That's 25 square foot of watery danger for your intrepid players to explore. Now standing on the deck of a sinking ship is only the start of the adventure.

The map pack contains:
    • printable pdf map packs in A4 and letter formats with colour and printer friendly greyscale versions of the map for printing and use at the gametable at 1 inch = 1 square scale.
    • High res jpgs for printing out as a poster map, or for use in the virtual tabletop of your choice.
    • Png objects of a runic spiral, the heart of a whirlpool and an anchor compass for use with the map - or any other sea map you use.
    • Maptool campaign files for OGL and 4e versions of the game with vision blocking, compatible with maptool build 84 or newer.

The map originally appeared on the back cover of Kobold Quarterly #13 along with the adventure The Wreck of the Goodwife. Definitely worth picking up if you want to run an adventure in the briny deep.

You can pick up the map pack here on RPGNow.

Loved that map, and great to see it published in a huge playable version! cheers, DJ

I really loved that map when I first discovered it and good to see it released as a map pack as well. I really gotta practice my sketching with my tablet. /envy
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This was the one where you had really put it all together, in my mind, and took off. The ones before this were good but this is where it all clicked.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Awesome. The perspective makes me feel like I am slowly sinking into the scene. Great work.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yep, this is definitely one where a lot of time was sunk into it too. Personal pieces are great for that. Deadlines are good for learning discipline, but every now and again you need to work on a piece until it's right. I'm just lucky that I got to publish my personal piece as well. And people seem to be enjoying it - its #7 on drivethru's top 100 products from small publishers today, which is pretty cool.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Congratz!!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Fascinating and huge