Thread: WIP: Pentagram Virtuoso Map

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected SilenBlade's Avatar

Default WIP: Pentagram Virtuoso Map

After watch so many great maps from you guys, I had no courage to made my own map (except the first one what was posted with my introduction to guild members). But today I decided to test my Pentagram Virtuoso Tablet and post my work here. Still no courage to do that, but... I think that nobody will kill me when you are not going to like this map so... here it is. There is no river, lakes, cities, names, etc. Maybe when you going to like this project I will do something more with it. Anyway I have no drawing skills but Virtuoso is great
    regards
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	429.7 KB 
ID:	36227

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

I love the colors. Very nice work there SilenBlade

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Looks pretty good. The forest could use a little work, time-consuming tedious work. Instead of fading out, try erasing each little tree that you do not want. That way you get a defined edge to the forest.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected SilenBlade's Avatar

Here is new update
    1. New Mountain style
    2. New Forest style
    3. River test
    any feedback ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mapa.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	36249

Southern river is very nice, nothern - little clumsy. Forest is better now... but i think little flat and can be made more interesting way (check some tutorials here). Overall map - cool! I love colors and style. If yot polish details it will be very good semi-pro map! Nice work already.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually liked the first version a little better. The colors are awesome. A little tweak with the forest and I think you've made a great map. oh and rep to you as well.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.