Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** May 2011 Challenge ***

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Absolutely. Your last entry was fantastic!

Ah, a challenge I can safely bow out of, since I still am busier than I really ought to be, and since designing nations/continents/worlds are not my favorite kind of map. I prefer regional maps down to encounter scale, not the other way around. Good luck everyone, I'll keep track of activity, but I definitely won't be participating. (No guilt for missing another challenge!)

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The ISO style might not win this month as it's a style that doesn't lend itself easily to the parameters. Something more atlasy or antiquey might take the cake so give 'er a go.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll try to join this one too. Just need to decide on what nation to map - I got so many that could use some mapping love.

Ideas start spinning in my head and I want to enter as well. It's never the ideas but always the time to work them out properly that kills me (I'll only enter if I'm 100% sure I can finish in time, too many half-finished entries by me lately ) ... and RJB, I think you already beat me in the big apple challenge, so no need to worry about that cheers! DJ

Quick question, what are the rules on using brushes/icons created by other users that are marked as "free to use for whatever." I know that's normally totally fine, I was just curious if that was frowned upon for a competition or what have you. Thanks guys, and good luck to the entrants!

Technically it's ok. (name omitted) recently won a challenge and got a feature on the front page with Star Raven's brushes. Other folks make really pretty maps that get lots of "oohs" and "ahhs" with Vhailor's brush conversions of Ramah's work. In the past some folks have won challenges just by following one of the many tuts we have here (don't use any of my tuts - you won't win, heh heh). Personally, I almost never vote for maps where someone uses someone else's brushes (ya really gotta have something more to wow me) but most folks just go for the prettiest eye candy so it seems a good strategy.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Since I was already at this stage with my latest WIP, just putting it off for other projects, I may just move this back onto the To-Do list and see how I fare.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No WIP page for May?

We're trying to get some things fixed on the server so everything else is tied up for a while. Redrobes could provide the technical information but it's over my head unless it can be fixed with a large hammer and some watermelons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast