Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: May 2011 Challenge Entry - The Tripartite

This looks very promising :-)
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Still muddling my way through, trying different effects.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alliance.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	514.1 KB 
ID:	35635  

Ooh, that is both so far awesome and discouraging. Liking the waves and cliffs the tree trunks sprouting down from the forests look a bit like bird legs and they sprout off in different directions, maybe changing them to simpler straighter trunks will look better, just my thought.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Thanks, D! I am trying to figure out techniques for getting textures onto the ground/mountains that looks like it fits. Never really hand-drew textures before, so I'll need to figure that out. I'll take your advice on the trunks!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Once again my little girl has ever so wisely decided that I should vote for this. It's cartoony and cute and overall just great.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Glad my work appeals! I'll try not to let her down.

The latest iteration.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	55 
Size:	542.6 KB 
ID:	35671  

I think I'm actually nearing completion. I have a few other small ideas for changes and additions, but I think I'm going to be done with plenty of time this month.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	50 
Size:	745.1 KB 
ID:	35683  

I really really like this! Repped.. Again!

Blog Entries

I'm liking this a lot but not your hills. They look pretty poor compared to the rest of it. Maybe it's because they are so big it really shows up the lack of detail on them. Or it might be the actual colouring of them... dunno. Anyhoos, just a thought but have you tried putting a highlight on the right-hand side of your elements to show moonglow? Have stuff, especially those on the right of the map, casting a shadow on the other side too, albeit somewhat lighter? Two light sources would give two shadows.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Very good advice, Ramah. Thanks.

Yes, the hills are ugly and need some work. I also need some sort of hills or texture on the right side of the map so it doesn't look empty, and fix a couple little wonky shadow problems.

I am also concerned that my fuzzy shadows make everything look a little blurry, so I might tone the blurriness down a little. I will give some light moon-shadows a shot and see how they look.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast