Thread: May 2011 Challenge Entry - The Wyndava Islands [Withdrawn]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default May 2011 Challenge Entry - The Wyndava Islands [Withdrawn]

Okay, time to throw myself into the fight again, no pics as of yet just ideas. On a side note the title is supposed to have Island at the end and the B is supposed to be a V, could an admin please change if you have time?

When tyring to figure out a concept for a map I was stumped to figure a creating way to show national borders so I decided to move onto an insland chain nation map, the sea itself will act as a border. This will be interesting as my first successful map consisted almost entirely of islands so I now I have come back and with what I know now I intend to surpass it.

Also in a break from my usual style (not really my style but you know what I mean) this map will not be in satellite/semi-real style instead as with my other comp entry maps I'm going to wing it and try and hand-draw most of the map and try new techniques. I'm going for something more artsy and less atlas such as hand-drawn cliffs and city symbols, I also intend to make it very colourful with equally artsy decorative elements like the compass and borders. Hopefully I can have some WIP maps up soon.

-D-
    Last edited by torstan; 05-05-2011 at 12:56 AM.
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...