Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "DarkConduit" Galaxy

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Well, as I realised when posting this - a map of Keel, featured on an insert in this very map - I have failed to keep the topic updated! I do apologise, and I hope no-one minds this double crime of necromancy and attention-seeking across two threads.

I basically finished all I could of this map some months back, and generated a new map in order to divide the galaxy into regions of a sort. The regions don't have any impact on the gameplay, and are really intended as a navigational aid, but as with my map of Keel, it's to help bulk out the lore a bit. That map - Regions of the Known Galaxy - can be viewed here, on my artblog.

As for the map I actually started here: I finished its other half, including the inset feature maps. All that's left is the cartouche, which I hope to smarten up with factional emblems, a title in the style of our undesigned project logo, and so on. Because that is the remit of our artist, I have left this part alone. I hope to finish the map when he's finished designing its inhabitants.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Known Galaxy (20110504).jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	732.6 KB 
ID:	40174
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)

Really pretty and elegant design work in presenting the information. I've already repped you this evening for the converted starship hull, so sadly can't for this one! Beautiful work!

Wow. That's kinda truly awesome!
    M

Very lovely ... it looks great.

Guild Member

I love this too, wow, glad I found these forums.

The presentation for your planets and galaxy is truly amazing. It may not be the most efficient design that could be designed, but I can't think of one that would look better and actually exists.

The way you zoom into your various scales works really really well, its almost photorealistic instead of blueprint based. Well Done!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12