Thread: [Illustrator] Traveller: 200T Merchant deckplan

Map [Illustrator] Traveller: 200T Merchant deckplan

This one was really quick-and-dirty. I needed a deckplan fast, so I knocked this one out before my game this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100T_merchant_deckPlan.png 
Views:	422 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	39262  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

I wish I could be at least as dirty as this with Illustrator, all the time.
    Good job!

Nice! Very clean.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Dain View Post
    I wish I could be at least as dirty as this with Illustrator, all the time.
    Good job!
    It comes with practice, I'll wager. Anyway - my thoughts are ... wow, those are small fuel tanks. I suppose Traveller has some really funky tech for their ships ...

Yeah, it's mostly a matter of just getting really comfortable with the Pen tool. I use Bezier splines almost constantly at work, so it's really natural to me.

The fuel tank also wraps over the top of the ship. It carries 30 "tons" of fuel, but Traveller tons are not equivalent to real-world tons. 1 ton = 14 cubic meters, and the volume shown accounts for about 20 tons.

Little information is given in the base rulebooks concerning the power plant, but it does say that the fuel is typically hydrogen, which leads me to believe that the ships are fusion powered.

Interesting. Let me know if you need a publisher for it.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Now that's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of publishing, but some passive income would certainly be nice, particularly if it's earned from something I'm going to be doing anyway. Do you happen to know what kind of a market is out there for deckplans in this style? I'm assuming pdf would probably be the way to go for something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Now that's an interesting idea. I hadn't thought of publishing, but some passive income would certainly be nice, particularly if it's earned from something I'm going to be doing anyway. Do you happen to know what kind of a market is out there for deckplans in this style? I'm assuming pdf would probably be the way to go for something like this.
    At this time I exclusively publish in pdf at this time. I'll pm you with more particulars.

As they are now, you could publish them as a stand alone booklet. I'd be glad to help you put it together, including helping with the write up, and stating. I'd price it at about $2.00 on DriveThru.
    Last edited by someguy; 10-19-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Guild Member

Clean crisp, good WIP.

**** stars!