Thread: Border and Map Decor - Ongoing WIP

Default Border and Map Decor - Ongoing WIP

I find one problem I often face is not decorating my maps properly. So in an effort to develop this skill I'll be posting new border and decor ideas and look for ideas or criticism. Tonight I made my own map for the adventure from the 4e DMG to play with some new players to the game and decided to try and dress it as a test and possible solution for my lite challenge map. Let me know if you have any advice. Only weak thing I think I see personally is the font is too small therefore poor legibility but I am unsure.

Note: Added shading effect to this map for the border but won't be used in the battle map for Maptools.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Area 1 - Sludge Pit.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	35572  
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks good to me. The border fits the map very well.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.