22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes?

15 68.18%
  • No?

7 31.82%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Make a map.. In a game

Default Make a map.. In a game

The challenge would be to make any type of map Eg: Overland, or City. In a game editor or something of the sort. I believe there is alot of old good games like Aoe2 that have good editors that could make this not to mention my favorite Wc3 which has a really wide range of map making tools available.

Sim City, Civilization, The Settlers (any of those resource gathering games and world-building games)
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

O_O' -forgot about those games- I better break out my copy of SimCity 4 then.

I would reccomend you refer to this amazing site for SimCity things! http://simtropolis.com/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I did one for a challenge quite a while back - used Fantasy Wars - neat idea.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Ghoraja Juun, my largely stagnated campaign setting.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Novice

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    The challenge would be to make any type of map Eg: Overland, or City. In a game editor or something of the sort.
    ^^^^^
    This.

Guild Artisan Gracious Donor LonewandererD's Avatar

What about a city, I'm very keen to get back in Emperor or Pharoah, those games were awesome.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Yeah, me too.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

A city would be fine.. I forgot about that sorry! Should I change it to include any type of maps? Like Floorplans and dungeon maps?

Guild Journeyer

For those wanting to use gratis software, the Wesnoth map editor will do you a hex-based regional map.

There need to be rules on use of outside software. I think there should be use allowed, in particular stitching multiple screenshots, because that may open up some absurd means of map-making. Drawing coastlines in Snake, say.