Thread: Hi there!

Default Hi there!

Hi everyone!

I'm French and stumbled upon your guild while wandering on DeviantART. I don't have much experience in cartography but am quite interested in the craft. I have always been impressed by the fantasy maps you may find here and there; and the same goes for those I saw when I first got here earlier today. I actually drew a map once (for a RPG forum), and am currently reworking it for another RPG forum based on the same universe but another time period. I was quite unhappy with the first version (which is 2 years old) and am looking forward to "professionalising" it a little more as I complete it and resize it entirely. (I have a lot of work to do. XD There will be several maps, with detailed regions and stuff...) As I embrace it all, I feel very lucky to have found you. :) I hope to learn a lot with you!

Apart from that, I'm coming to the end of my studies as a translator, my languages being French, English and Spanish. Some time ago I translated stories from English to French on the Internet, unfortunately the lack of time prevents me from continuing on this path. I spend the little free time I have administrating 2 RPG forums (one based on Avatar: The Last Airbender, the other dedicated to an original heroic fantasy world). This is mostly the reason why I can't really translate anymore, haha! Administrating and role playing are time killers.
    I also like computing and designing. And playing some video games. (Lately, mostly Assassin's Creed.)

I think that's it. \o/
    Last edited by Doare; 05-08-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thank you!

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave