Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Map of Brannstadt

Guild Member Facebook Connected Sinnyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Very nice, my only complaint is that some of the fonts are hard to read.
    Thanks, Steel General. Now it's had time to settle, I'm not exactly chuffed with how the name plaque reads (or doesn't, without looking hard), and I think I need to keep scale in closer mind for next time: I struggled somewhat between keeping the street names and such unobtrusive, but still legible. It's far easier upon the eye in my original, higher resolution, but personally I preferred to keep more of the map in view at once. I hope practice will remedy this in my work.
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."
    raygungoth.net | @RaygunGoth (known by that handle most places but here!)

beautiful map! Given that it is relatively free of texturing and everything, it looks so FULL. Just beautiful. I'll rep you and immediately go look at your other work!

Crikey - thank you. ^^;
    "Leave nothing but journey histories, take nothing but pictures; speak softly and carry a big lightsaber."

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll echo RE, I get tired of all the texturing I see - I think it's overdone and too heavy most of the time.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I'll echo RE, I get tired of all the texturing I see - I think it's overdone and too heavy most of the time.
    Interesting. I shall certainly keep this in mind, as while I felt I had to use a subtle paper texture in this map, I too am pretty wary of texturing and have seen some awful examples in my time. There's no making up for the lack of a farmstead here or there, and I hope I can keep that in mind next time I decide to draw so many damnable trees. I really had to be in the mood for doing those bits..!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12