Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Worldmap of Arden

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Map Imperial Worldmap of Arden

The Work on this map showed me alot about composition and Styles, how to combine traditional handwork with electronical Tools and How to create a streamlined Design for a fantasy Worldmap. From the Beginning I didnt want to start small and tried all my best into a Map that have been hounting my mind since a very long time. Of course the map have still some flaws like the Mismatching trees and other minor details, but it is another step forward into the crafts of mapmaking. I am very honored by the Featuremap Award of the Cartographer Guild, but in recieving this honor, I also want to say how greatful I am for all the Help that I got as a new member of this community and also to acknowledge all the hard work that the ones who stand before me in this spot, to make this community work.

Original Post
    "Ok, my first map ever in this digital style. I have done some textures on handdrawn stuff before, but never something in this scale. Its more or less 2m^2 big. It was always a dream of mine to realy bring all the maps of Arden together to form this map. I started playing RPGs more than 20 Years ago and this world was there from the first day and walked along my side for the most part of my life. In the progress I have learned a lot about patient, ok I admit it, also about frustration. I have always be a person who cant wait to finish up things, but this map sure neede its time. I am very grateful to all those excellent Map tutorials and inspirations. Espacialy I have to thank Diamond, Tilt, Tear, Coyotemax and a lot more for the beoutiful works on display on Cartographersguild.

Ok I dont realy know what to say more. I am happy the map is finished and that I can go on to start the next one."

If anyone should be interested in commision a map made by me, I can be contacted by email: aristagon13 @ Yahoo.de
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Smallversion.jpg 
Views:	11449 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	41186  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Alex's Avatar

*drools*

Might be its my extreme love of mountains and forests/trees, but dang do I really love how you made them! This is fantastic!

Did I already rep you? xD

Wow, thanks for posting it! I'm an old diehard for hand drawn myself but this is really nice. The Melenekurion area of the map really caught my attention. Rep.... Dang have to go and spread some more rep.
    Last edited by maxsdaddy; 01-13-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spoke to soon

Thanks for the kind words. I am thinking about posting the brushes of the mountains if people like them.

Did you hear that? That was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor. I kept checking in on your WIP thread and knew this would turn out well, but dang have you ever created an incredible piece of work here. Congratulations! This map is a beauty to behold and I'm sure will be an inspiration to many, including myself.

And yes, your mountain brushes are amazing - all your brushes are. I don't think anyone here would complain if you decided to share them.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

wow dat's hawt!

[edit - dang, i seem to have given you rep recently, won't let me give you some for this.. yet... ]

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Awesome map my man! My world is named Aren, pretty close to yours huh? But, I slash at you with my 1-inch dagger of +4 Repping.

Great to see you have finished this monster! And the result is absolutely stunning.

Hattu feinemacht!

Awesome, awesome map. Very clear, very distinctive, very suggestive and atmospheric. Just awesome.

Thank you all! The only Issues that I want to do better next time are trees and Rivers. For the rest I am very happy with the outcome now.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast