Thread: Greetings :)

Default Greetings :)

I have been looking around your site and am totally overwhelmed with the talent. I have always found maps fascinating- be it as a compliment to a great book, a larp adventure, or a interesting table-top game. I approached John at fantasy mapmaker to see if he had time to assist me with a map, but he said he was bogged down in 16 hour workdays currently so suggested I try here.

I have a bit of a grasp of what I am looking for but going to spend more time looking on this site and try to educate myself more about the fundamentals. I have the sticky regarding an "ideal information request for a map" up for review. Once, I become more familiar with my parameters based on your terminology I will post my request.

Thank you for your time and your inspiration

Hi Topaz! Welcome to the guild....don't forget it's much more fun to make maps than to request them, so if you have some time on your hands there are plenty of tutorials to get you started!

Welcome! Echoing Ravells' encouragement - if you have immediate need for something "polished", by all means request something. But don't let that short-circuit your own potential. If you've been fascinated by maps for ages, I'll warrant you have enough ideas, druthers, and incentive to start doing your own. Pick some style you like, follow a tutorial or strike out on your own, and show us as you go in a Work In Progress thread. You'll gain all manner of input, helpful criticism, and useful commentary - I ge-ron-teee it.

Oh - and thinking before requesting - bravo! In my workaday realm (web stuff) all too many customers drift in with a vague "I think I want me one of those web app things, can you make me one?" :-). Nothing like explicit specs to engender spot-on results.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I just wanted to thank you for the words of encouragement and warm greetings. I am interested in pursuing map-making on my own and spent some time looking at the GNU image site last night. My roomate in college made some of the most amazing black ink maps.

However, I do have a more immediate project which I need by the end of July which I do want more knowledgeable person working on so it can be done in a timely manner.

Still figuring out parameters.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave