Thread: Another writer in your midst

Default Another writer in your midst

Hello Guildies, I've been wandering around the halls of this site the past week and decided to set up camp. I'm a writer with a few projects in the works, the biggest of which is a conworld project that I'm planning to publish as a wiki. I've played around with a few map making programs enough to learn that it takes years of dedication, patience and healthy dose of artistic ability to create some of the wonderful works of art I see floating around this site. Hopefully I can interest some people in my project enough to get some collaborators.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Does the wiki exist yet? If you get an intriguing concept going, there'll be people who want to join in. Do you have an example you're shooting for? JT's Shendenflar (link in his sig above) is one way, albeit a one-man milieu. There's worlds run as free-form games - two I'm involved in are Scandia and Aurora. Both of those have wikis.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks for the welcoming. JB, I have an offline wiki at present. I don't plan to upload it till later this year at the earliest. I want to have as strong a foundation as possible for the next phase. Eventually, next year I think, I will develop a political/economic strategy website based game tied into a MUD. The concept isn't based on previous works, I've tried to create an original quite alien setting.