Thread: Welcome to Lenova

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Welcome to Lenova

Cartographers Guild,

Hello! I'm quite new to this software, but watching a few videos and I picked up the basics pretty quickly. It was nice to find a community online that I could also come to if the need should arise (which it has). But before I get into my question a small bit about me...

27 years old, video game maker (hobby), web developer (hobby), and writer (job). Been writing since I was 13, developing websites since I was 15, and making games since I was 18. I'm currently working on a novel series, The Melody of Pain and the map to go with the world, Lenova.

Now for the question. Attached you will find a map of Asura (old name of Lenova). I have highlighted a few areas in RED because I would like to replicate that effect on my map in CC3, but am having issues getting it right. The attached map was made in paint.net.

I will explain the extra lines, but I would imagine you have an idea of what they are for. In the second attached image an area marked in GREEN. This area shows that if we traveled south (toward the city of Alura) we would be traveling up a hill. Also if you look at the Godard Academy you can see it is in a type of ravine. How can I get this in CC3?

v/Respectfully,
    Kage Kazumi

EDIT: Figured it out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asura_west_continent-sample.png 
Views:	31 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	35737   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asura_west_continent-sample2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	328.4 KB 
ID:	35738  
    Last edited by Kage Kazumi; 05-12-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Solved Problem