Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Domus

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

Being two rivers meeting at a 0 point is a possibility, I will look in the middle.

I tried to upload the ft file but it is too big, even if zipped apparently.

I do not how FT differs from Wilbur but in Wilbur rivers terminate at any pothole, it does not have to be at sea level. Rivers just go downhill until they cannot go any further.

Pretty sure rivers in FT will flow uphill out of potholes, unless the pothole is below the water level (not necessarily just sea level, but that's the most common situation in unfinished maps). That's why you should run a Fill Basins before you run rivers, and creating rivers actually includes a Fill Basins in it, although I think it's just temporary and doesn't actually change your map.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I do fill basins every time

It's not perfect, unfortunately. I'm not privy to the internal workings of the program, but I've quite often had to manually fill basins, even after running Fill Basins. I'm not sure as to why, but I suspect that it can only fill basins to the resoluion of the map, but it's easy to work or zoom in past that limit, and therefore run into potholes that weren't filled in, because it couldn't see them.
    My Finished Maps | My Planet Maps | My Challenge Entries | Album: Pre-generated Worlds

------
    Assuming I stick with fantasy cartography, I'd like to become a World Builder, laying out not only a realistic topography, but also the geopolitical boundaries and at least rough descriptions of the countries and societies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12