Thread: Plain, Basic Overland City/Capitol/Fort etc symbols wanted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Post Plain, Basic Overland City/Capitol/Fort etc symbols wanted

Does anyone know where I could find some basic overland photoshop brushes to use to mark cities/ruins/forts/capitols...etc? I really like the plain style of just a black and white icon but can't seem to find them. I really enjoy the ones like from Schley's Sarifal....I like that entire map really. Mad props to his skills.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks peoples.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ghlight=Schley

Take a look at some dingbat fonts. You probably won't find a little fort icon (although who knows?), but you'll find a nice variety of stars, circles, and other symbols. Windows and MacOS both have character map applets to make selecting particular symbols easy. In Windows you'll find it at Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

thanks for the helpful tip

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You could also check Ascensions Brush Set out. It has a lot of the kind of thing that your looking for.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.