The 10th and 11th Map-of-the-Week releases are dungeon plans for the lair of the dark draug Svurumnir. In the Jörðgarð (TM) campaign setting, a dark draug is very similar to a high-powered lich in such OGL 3.5 games as the Pathfinder (R) RPG, the True20 (TM) system or Dungeons & Dragons (R) 3.5.
Svurumnir's small dungeon consists of Svurumnir's tower, a tower for his red draug magi and a shabbily restored mill building that's the lair of the orcs who serve Svurumnir and his subservient reds draugs. Last week's release included an outdoor, top down view of the dungeon complex and the cellar, ground floor and upper floor views of the orc lair. This week's release offers the fivelevels of the two towers.
• Ground Floors - Magi's Towers: The left or southern tower is used by four red draug magi. It has a single opening, the door here on the ground floor. The lower or northern tower is used by Svurumnir alone. It has no openings. The dark draug leaves and enters it magically. The ground floor of Svurumnir's tower is empty. The ground floor of the magi's tower has a stairway leading upward to the next level, two stools and always two orc guards on duty.
• 2nd Stories - Left Magi's Towers: Svurumnir has no floor on this level. In the other tower, two red draug magi are on this level. Each has a workbench here. The left stairway leads to the next higher level. The right stairway leads to the ground floor.
• 3rd Stories - Magi's Towers: Both towers have libraries on this level. In the left tower, the left stairway leads to the next higher level. The right stairway leads downward.
• 4th Stories - Magi's Towers: In the left tower, a red draug has his workbench and a small library. The left stairway leads to the next higher level. The right stairway leads downward. In the right tower, Svurumnir keeps his avatar in a cage with lead bands. This makes it impossible for any search to find his avatar or body. The dark draug prefers inhabiting his own body to that of the avatar. When he is in his tower (almost always), he inhabits his true form. He uses his avatar only when he leaves the tower. In that case, his true body stays shielded from divining in the cage and the avatar becomes active. The left stairway leads to the next higher level. The right stairway leads downward.
• 5Th Stories - Magi's Towers: In the left tower, a red draug mage has his workbench and a small library. The stairway leads downward. In the right tower, Svurumnir has his workbench and a small library. The stairway leads downward.
You can get these plans in any either of two versions:
1. As JPG flat maps, each 1360 x 1020 pixels (3 MB), available here.
2. The original FM8 map in FMP format, fully editable. Because the various dungeon levels are layers of a single FM8 map file, this version includes both this week's and last week's dungeon levels. Download it from our Jörðgarð web page (34 MB). This version includes a PDF pamphlet that tells you how to use the layers that are built into the map.
Both versions are released for personal and commercial use under the Open Game License Version 1.0a, which you can read on the Jörðgarð web site.
To get the original FM8 map, go to the Jörðgarð web site:
Next Week: The Swamp and Lake Area of the Devastation