Thread: Frozen Wind Monastery

Default Frozen Wind Monastery

Jonathan McAnulty, my writer and lead designer for Kaidan is finishing up the design of one of two Convention Games he is writing to run a Origins. Steve Russell may run there one-shots at Gencon and Paizocon as well.

Unlike the "Curse of the Golden Spear" adventures which will be released June/July/August coming up which feature a party of Gaijin 'outsiders' as explorers visiting the cursed islands, these Con games feature local Kaidanese adventurers.

The first adventure is called The Tolling of Tears, involving a haunted bell at Temple which the monks refuse to ring. The adventurers have to cleanse the bell of his dark spirits. This is a 1st level adventure.

The second adventure is called The Frozen Wind, involving Yamabushi monks (variant paladins) at a remote mountain monastery located in a great crevasse. Adventurers traveling in the mountains are forced to seek shelter due to an oncoming snow storm. While the party rests for the night, interlopers enter the monastery and slay all the monks. Oni demons lurk about along with frozen zombie monks. This is a 9th level adventure.

The map is of the monastery for the second adventure...

Hand-drawn based on a rough drawing. Digitally scanned, imported to Xara Xtreme Pro. Shapes formed to the linework as walls, terrain with bevels and drop shadows. Total drawing measured 36" x 48". Final map reduced to 8.4" x 10.8" for insertion into the adventure page layout at 300 ppi.

Enjoy!

GP

Link to larger version... Frozen Wind Monastery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frozen-wind-thumb.jpg 
Views:	736 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	35850
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frozen-wind.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	35849  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 05-16-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks good GP.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great as usual.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.