Thread: Hi from Virginia

Guild Novice

Post Hi from Virginia

To say I'm an apprentice at this would be a vast overstatement.

My wife has talked me into a project for a book on which she's working and I jumped in head first by purchasing CC3 and several of its add-ins, including the "Tome", as well as Fractal Terrains.

Needless to say, since the software arrived yesterday, my learning curve seems vertical, but I suspect, in time, it will assume a more gentle slope.

I'm certain to have many questions, as I'm not a gamer of any sort, and all the maps with which I've worked over the years were of rather high quality...so this is a completely new ball game!

Ciao...

Welcome to the guild, buddha, as with CC3 general advice, first follow the tutorials, it's quite a counter intuitive bit of software, but if you can bend it to your will, it is quite rewarding.

So, you don't have to be a gamer to be here, draw your map as best you can and we will try to help to improve it.

Take care and do pester us for answers..especially the CC3 bunch

Ravs

Welcome! So glad you found us and chimed in!

As ravells said, we are not exclusive to gamers, but to mappers of fictional worlds of any sort and for any purpose--so please, please don't let the large number of rpg'ers throw you! For instance, while I myself do play such games, most of my maps are created just for relaxation /creativity's sake.

CC3 is a great program, very versatile and (once that learning curve has been assailed a bit) actually pretty user friendly, from what I understand. And we have some amazing users here who have in the past been overwhelmingly supportive and helpful, so make sure to post questions, maps-in-progress, and anything else. I know you'll get the assistance you need!

Once again, welcome!
    Last edited by pyrandon; 02-09-2008 at 10:56 PM.
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Welcome to the group. If you need any help, give a shout out to Myself or Jaerdeph (sp?), or any other of the CC3 (I apologize if I don;t remeber who you all are!). Just preface your message wither a CC3 Help or something similar so it gets out attention quick.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Novice

Thanks much for the kind words and I'm fairly certain I'll be taking up the offers of assistance.

Ciao...