Thread: Sklarbro Country Maps

Default Sklarbro Country Maps

HENDERSON!!

Wow, it has been an age and a half since I have been here, but I finally feel like I can come up for some air since starting my new hour-killing (and somewhat soul killing job). In the meantime, I created a map for the Sklar Brothers' comedy podcast , Sklarbro Country. Anyway, in the podcast, Randy and Jason consistently refer to the "Calming Waters of Sklarbro Country, " and I felt there should be some geography associated with their descriptions. I contacted them and asked for permission and they were very happy to oblige.

anyway... All the geographic features and city names are either the names of guests on the show or comedic bits within the show. This version of the map and an un-annotated version were presented as gifts to the podcast in April of 2011. The map is modeled after a classic atlas style, and I created 2 versions for them. one is a "clean version" and the other is a version that is annotated with comments associated with the podcast for more flavor. The final size for the maps is 20" x 30" and it was created using a combination of hand work, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

From what I understand, the maps have been framed and are hanging in the Earwolf Studios (the podcast network that produces Sklarbro Country).

I would love to hear what anyone thinks of these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sklarbro final cl.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	35904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sklarbro final.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	35905  
    Something witty and pithy

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I'm not familiar with the Sklar Bros. but the maps are your usual high quality stuff.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Very nicely done Mr. Pig!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

St. Louis' best comedy twin brothers. Good stuff, man. And long time no see.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks all. I am supposed to have a conversation soon with the assistant producer at Earwolf to see how it was received. It is fun to make up a completely fictitious place that has no grounding in any world system.

for the first couple of minutes Randy and Jason Sklar talk about the map on this week's episode of Sklarbro Country... awesome

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very cool... and so is the map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Looks awesome!

What program did you use to make the map?

Thanks for the compliment Methinks! It is a combination of traditional pen and ink, photoshop, and illustrator