Thread: Sklarbro Country Maps

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sklarbro Country Maps

HENDERSON!!

Wow, it has been an age and a half since I have been here, but I finally feel like I can come up for some air since starting my new hour-killing (and somewhat soul killing job). In the meantime, I created a map for the Sklar Brothers' comedy podcast , Sklarbro Country. Anyway, in the podcast, Randy and Jason consistently refer to the "Calming Waters of Sklarbro Country, " and I felt there should be some geography associated with their descriptions. I contacted them and asked for permission and they were very happy to oblige.

anyway... All the geographic features and city names are either the names of guests on the show or comedic bits within the show. This version of the map and an un-annotated version were presented as gifts to the podcast in April of 2011. The map is modeled after a classic atlas style, and I created 2 versions for them. one is a "clean version" and the other is a version that is annotated with comments associated with the podcast for more flavor. The final size for the maps is 20" x 30" and it was created using a combination of hand work, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.

From what I understand, the maps have been framed and are hanging in the Earwolf Studios (the podcast network that produces Sklarbro Country).

I would love to hear what anyone thinks of these.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sklarbro final cl.jpg 
Views:	571 
Size:	3.71 MB 
ID:	35904   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sklarbro final.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	35905  
    Something witty and pithy