Thread: The Assault on Ceras-09

Default The Assault on Ceras-09

I actually started this last month as a potential replacement for my Awaterra-06 entry during the comp but as the Awaterra map was simpler and I wasn't trying too many new things on it I shelved this one. I like the underwater look enough that I came back to this one, no real reason or back story for it, it's one big chaotic episode, the reds are attacking and the whites are defending (wow, that sounded a bit racist). Really I was just seeing what more I can do with an underwater map, may try another less chaotic more scenic one soon, maybe an underwater ruin with plenty of green and some wildlife.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ceras-09.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	35912  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Very nice. I like the exhaust trail/wake think you've done in this one...very effective.
    M

That's an undersea battle to make James Bond jealous! That's very cool.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Very cool. I think I actually like this better than your other map.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great job. I love the sense of scale.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks for the kind words y'all. I really want to continue with this style, maybe this could be my thing. Hopefully more maps like this to come soon.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...