Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tremontine Continent: A map for a fantasy novel series

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the praise, guys. It makes me feel like I might have something worthy to put in the books when it's done. I've showed the preliminary map to some of my readers and they're demanding posters, which I think is premature.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hehe... also remember, if you're talking posters, you have to make sure you have sufficient resolution in your maps. Multiply the needed size with 300 to get the amount of pixels needed to make a professional print ... so 20 x 30 inches would be 6000 x 9000 pixels
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Right now at 300 dpi (I'm working at that resolution because this is being made for print--just not any bigger than a book) it works out to about six inches square; I hadn't really intended on posters.

You have a poster-sized image, it'll just have a Really Wide Margin :-). Ahhh..... room for autographs, that's what the white space is. But you say there's only the one of you? Not so. Each of your friends with distinctive penmanship does a different character from the books.....

JB,

Actually what I was thinking of doing was making a second map of the capital city and possibly commissioning my artist to paint the fortress/castle there, and bunging them all onto the one poster. We'll see how book two presales go; they start Tuesday. If I get enough $$ I'll definitely commission the painting, but I'll have to do a lot better than book one's presales. I raised $2500 last time; I think I need to raise almost twice that for book two if I want the extra artwork. I may Kickstart the poster separately. We'll see.

I need to work on this map this week, but I've gotta finish the book, too!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12