This is a map of the world for 'Riders of the Abyss', a game my son and I have been working on for some time now. I hadn't actually intended to try and make a map yet, I was merely reading through Ascension and Tear's tutorials to see if I was capable enough at my skill level of making it all the way through them.

After making it this far I read Ascension's post elsewhere on the boards here about the proper order of placing mountains, rivers, etc. (great post btw, thanks much for taking the time to do that). At some point I'll go back and redo this map using that guide. The continents here should actually be farther apart than this map would indicate, and there are some islands missing in a couple places.

I still need to figure out how to do borders, and I can't make the compass I want until I can find an actual artist. For now, I want to try and do each of these continents separately as atlas type maps. There are quite a few of your styles that I would love to try. It's like being a kid in a candy store though, they're all very impressive, and it's hard for me to try and figure out where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midden_maar_final2b.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	809.1 KB 
ID:	35955