Thread: The Stella Arcis (Star Fortress)

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Map The Stella Arcis (Star Fortress)

The Stella Arcis (Star Fortress) rises 70 feet above the city of Leggarium. As explained by the name these towers are built in the shape of a star. A symbol most important to the Empire. The fortress bristles with ballista emplacements as well as archers hidden in almost impregnable pits just below. Each Arcis (and there are 12) has it's own commander who issues orders and is responsible for the hundred plus troops under his command. Each Arcis is linked to the others with a 60 foot tall wall that surrounds the city of Leggarium. Each Arcis can also be reached from the ground by two shafts that run the height of the fortress. These shafts contain ladders made from stout wood. It is a good thing that the soldiers of the Celestial Empire are not weak of heart as this climb is arduous and nerve racking to say the least. Each Arcis also carries a secret. The inner core of the tower is filled with rock and gravel. This forms a trap for anyone attempting to breach the tower as well as making it nearly impossible to tunnel into the Arcis from below.

This was my April/May Lite challenge entry. It was done in GIMP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jtougasaprilmaychallenge.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	35957
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Nice work on the textures on this one JT!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thank you.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.