View Poll Results: Should we map Winterfell?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

33 89.19%
  • No

4 10.81%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones - Map Winterfell

Default Game of Thrones - Map Winterfell

I'd never read the Song of Ice and Fire series, but now that I've started watching the new Game of Thrones series, I've picked up the books and immersed myself in the impressive fan base. I've noticed that while there are many maps of Westeros, including a spectacular version by Tear, there isn't much in the way of good maps of Winterfell (or any of the other cities for that matter). I propose a challenge to map Winterfell.
    Scenes from the series as well as the opening credits can be used as reference, as well as the books themselves. The Ice and Fire Wiki has some great references from the books if you haven't read them or don't have them handy. Maps should be of Winterfell as it exists in the first book/the series.
    Last edited by torstan; 05-07-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Edited to omit spoiler :)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Absolutely. This would be a great challenge.

I like it too. But if the wiki descriptions about each city are so good, I wonder whether we should limit it to Winterfell or give people the choice of any town/city/ location in Westeros?

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I like it too. But if the wiki descriptions about each city are so good, I wonder whether we should limit it to Winterfell or give people the choice of any town/city/ location in Westeros?
    I like that idea...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

then I'll map the wall ... a long line with a shed alongside of it *lol* ... and GREAT show by the way, but I know my wife has great help in me having read the books as well to understand what the "beep" is going on with all those nobles
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'd like to map the Eyrie... specifically the Moon Door thingy, showing length of fall and splatter radius.

Publisher Facebook Connected bartmoss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this is way too specific; if you don't know the setting, you're out, and we'll be left with two contestants or something.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I was thinking the same thing Bart. We'd need some sort of depiction from the books in order to do this properly or else those with more knowledge (ie: those who have read the books) would have a leg up.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Or we go for a more open challenge - map a city/town/village. A bit like the may challenge to draw an empire but now you can make whatever city you like. Be it from Game of thrones or not.
    My finished maps

Mapping Worlds (My blog about mapping)

Imaginary maps (My facbook page devoted to mapping)

Rather than making this a contest it might be quite a nice idea if as a community we could pick a popular book or series and have a subforum for maps reating to the regions etc in that book like we've done with the CWBP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast